Jon Bon Jovi Believes His Son Jacob Had 'Mild' Case Of COVID-19


33rd Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony - Arrivals

33rd Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony - Arrivals

Jon Bon Jovi believes one of his sons has fought off the novel coronavirus.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer says his family has been isolating together for over two weeks now. During that time, his 17-year-old son Jacob (all the way to the right in the photo above) experienced symptoms akin to a stomach flu.

"The whole family is together, all the kids are here with us," Bon Jovi told Entertainment Tonight in a recent interview. "We've been here 15 days now... Jake had a mild version of it, just the intestinal kind."

With coronavirus tests "pretty difficult to get," and therefore inadvisable for mild symptoms in people not at risk, Bon Jovi says they didn't bother getting Jacob tested. But the family took precautions and created a quarantine zone, forbidding anyone from entering Jacob's area of the house without gloves and a mask.

"We kept him in there until all of the symptoms had cleared, and now he's a hundred percent," Bon Jovi added.

The frontman has been rallying people to observe social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic. Two weeks ago, he invited fans to write a verse to a new song he was working on about the pandemic called "Do What You Can."

He was also part of a group of New Jersey celebrities, including Bruce Springsteen, Stephen Colbert and Carli Lloyd, who announced the state's Pandemic Relief Fund last week, designed to offer relief to organizations providing essential services to New Jerseyans.

Bon Jovi's longtime bandmate, keyboardist David Bryan, tested positive for COVID-19 in mid-March. Bryan had already been isolated for a week when he got his test. He urged people not to be afraid of the virus, saying he was "getting better every day" and would get tested again once he felt better to be officially cleared.

Along with New York, New Jersey is one of the epicenters of COVID-19 in the United States with over 13,000 confirmed positive cases so far as of Sunday. State officials have gradually expanded the availability of testing, which is available to residents at no charge by appointment only.

Photo: Getty Images